Declared a National Heritage Site in 1982, the picturesque medieval village of Alquézar is situated in the Pre-Pyrenees of Aragón in the heart of the Sierra and Cañones de Guara Natural Park as well as the Rio Vero Cultural Park, internationally renowned for its prehistoric cave paintings which were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
48 km from Huesca, in Somontano County, Alquézar invites you to experience the medieval past of this exceptionally scenic village, where nature, hiking and adventure sports enthusiasts can enjoy the many options offered by this unmatchable area.
The Casa Aurelia apartments are located in the heart of the old quarter, in a typical old country-house that was fully restored in 2002. We are open year round.
Alquézar, known for its castle-collegiate dedicated to Saint Mary Major of Muslim origin, and the medieval charm of its streets and houses that retain the typical architecture of the area.
From Alquézar you can perform numerous activities in the natural environment, which mainly includes canyoning, climbing, hiking and mountain biking.
Long distance paths GR 45, GR 17 and a stretch of historic path GR1 that is short distance (Wine Route PR HU-71 and Transhumance Route PR HU-72).
- Vero River Interpretation Centre in Castillazuelo.
- Guara Mountain Range and Canyon Interpretation Centre in Bierge.
- Casa Fabián Ethnological Museum in Alquézar.
- Interpretation Centre of legends and traditions in Adahuesca.
- Buera Old mill or grindstone. In Buera.
- Rock art Interpretation Centre in Colungo.